Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Cursor for an entire file

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

So I have a very simple need, I need to be able to just change the cursors for buttons to the default. I do this now by going into every button and doing this currently:

this.Step1_Btn.cursor = "default";

this.Step2_Btn.cursor = "default";

this.Step3_Btn.cursor = "default";

Is there some global command to tell ALL button cursors to react the same way?

Usually I just google or search forums but everything I look up is actionscript and with Animates name being... Animate.. it's a harder thing to search up than usual 😞

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

The code that removes the pointer on mouseout actually sets it to null instead of "default", so you probably want to do that instead regardless of your final solution.

The class that manages the cursor state embeds that functionality in a private setter, so there doesn't appear to be any straightforward way to patch it at runtime short of overwriting the entire class. You may have to just open up the CreateJS JavaScript file that's published and change the one instance of "pointer" to null.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code that removes the pointer on mouseout actually sets it to null instead of "default", so you probably want to do that instead regardless of your final solution.

The class that manages the cursor state embeds that functionality in a private setter, so there doesn't appear to be any straightforward way to patch it at runtime short of overwriting the entire class. You may have to just open up the CreateJS JavaScript file that's published and change the one instance of "pointer" to null.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, this works! I have a lot of files to do this with, and cutting out the needless task of editting each frame so my buttons don't do this is great.

Speedy reply too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines