Highlighted

Changing element inside a clip on one frame changes it on every frame

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using adobe animate HTML5 canvas to create an application with multiple menus and languages. 

I thought the best way to implement a language change is to simply swap to another frame (static keyframe) and simply change every text to the right language. 

However it appears that when I have something(like text) in a movie clip I actually have to duplicate every single element in a clip for each language because if I change the text inside a clip it will change in all other frames 😞

I understand that this is just the way that animate works but is there a better way to do this?

I'm still very new to animate, thanks for the info.

Well anyway I solved what I wanted to do by converting evey text to a movie clip and having one frame for each language in everys one of them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Changing element inside a clip on one frame changes it on every frame

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using adobe animate HTML5 canvas to create an application with multiple menus and languages. 

I thought the best way to implement a language change is to simply swap to another frame (static keyframe) and simply change every text to the right language. 

However it appears that when I have something(like text) in a movie clip I actually have to duplicate every single element in a clip for each language because if I change the text inside a clip it will change in all other frames 😞

I understand that this is just the way that animate works but is there a better way to do this?

I'm still very new to animate, thanks for the info.

Well anyway I solved what I wanted to do by converting evey text to a movie clip and having one frame for each language in everys one of them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this static text or dynamic text (that you change with code).

if static, it will only change until the next keyframe.

if code, it will change thereafter until the next keyframe or until code changes the text.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 0