• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character rig acting stupid. Help?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I made a character for a project I'm working on, and the original version rigged okay. However, after redrawing a less detailed version of the character, the rig is completely going off the rails. It makes zero sense. The rig literally results in the separation of the character's torso from the rest of his body, and all the lines distort, it looks like it's warping through time and space or something.

Again, I've rigged things before, I just don't understand what is causing this problem. Can anyone figure this out?

I'm attaching the .fla file to this message so you can see what's going on for yourself and try to figure it out. Please note that I do not intend for this character to be used anywhere else other than my own work, so don't steal. Please.

MANY THANKS!

This is what the character looks like before trying to rig it:

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 12.25.41 PM.png

This is what happens when I add a rig and attempt to move it (I'm just trying to move his lower left arm):

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 12.26.48 PM.png

And it doesn't put it back into place if I hit Undo, I have to completely delete the rig in order to put it back to normal.

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 12.27.01 PM.png

FLA file

Character.fla.zip - Google Drive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Don't is the bone tool. Use layer parenting. Much better and easier.

Layer parenting |

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Bones in Flash / Animate are a total waste of your (and everyone else's) time. The only thing you will get while trying to use them is a lot of frustration.

Here is a detailed step-by-step description how rigging is done for character animation.

Best

NT

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll definitely look into that article. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't is the bone tool. Use layer parenting. Much better and easier.

Layer parenting |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines