• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cintiq stylus button set to 'Erase' does nothing in Animate

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like to set the lower side button on my cintiq stylus to Erase, so I can hold it down and erase and then switch back to the brush i'm using when I release the button.  This works perfectly fine in Photoshop, but does nothing in Animate.

Before you advise me to install the new driver -  I have double-checked that my iOS, my Wacom driver, AND my copy of Animate CC 2020 are 100% up-to-date.  

This is a common issue, I have seen many posts about it, and I'm frustrated by how useless the response has been.  How can this be?  Clearly this is something a lot of working professionals are experiencing.  I have worked for years on television programs made in Adobe Animate, every studio I've worked at uses Wacom Cintiqs.  This is not some esoteric, little-used tool.  this is the ERASER.  It used to work just fine, I don't know what changed.

Even trying to use the back-end 'eraser' on the stylus is malfunctioning, it erases all along the path of motion, even if the stylus is not making any contact with the screen.

*edited for spelling

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?