Color Panel range is incomplete / How to pin Color Picker

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color panel isn't displaying the complete range that it should, so the color shown in the gradient (outlined with a circle) and the one actually being applied (rectangle underneath) aren't the same.

Crystal5E24_0-1609084443402.png

I can tell the color gradient is similar but doesn't cover the whole range when I compare it to the Properties panel's fill Color Picker pop up.

Crystal5E24_3-1609084793556.png

Should these two gradients (Color Panel and Properties > Fill > Color Picker) be the same? My end goal is just to have an accurate color picker that I can always have on the screen (without having to click through to get a popup) that I can choose from. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about this, either fixing the color panel or otherwise?

TOPICS
Error, Missing feature, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure you are aware of this but I just have to point out you still have "Solid Color" selected from the drop-down. Does this issue persist after you select "Linear Gradient"?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue does persist, but the gradient I'm talking about is the place to select the color, I am trying to use a solid color.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had a look. They have wrecked it in AA20 when they introduced the ugly new UI.

Here is how it looks in AA19 and all previous versions:

Clipboard-1.png

And here in AA20:

Clipboard-2.png

It's just cropped.

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
crystalwen AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I revert back to the 2019 version? I don't see it available in the Creative Cloud app.

crystalwen_0-1609155614343.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines