Highlighted

Colors Deleting with Deselection

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a rather complex image of a moutain viewed from afar, and, to create a proper paralaxing effect, I need to expand the image I drew lengthwise. The problem is that when I have expanded it to the desired length and proceed to deselect the layer, large swaths of specific colors disappear.

What I have tried:

Converting to symbol & movie clip

Replacing true white with a light blue

Selecting other layers instead of hitting the deselect shortcut

Original MountainOriginal MountainMountain expanded and subsequently deselectedMountain expanded and subsequently deselected

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Colors Deleting with Deselection

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a rather complex image of a moutain viewed from afar, and, to create a proper paralaxing effect, I need to expand the image I drew lengthwise. The problem is that when I have expanded it to the desired length and proceed to deselect the layer, large swaths of specific colors disappear.

What I have tried:

Converting to symbol & movie clip

Replacing true white with a light blue

Selecting other layers instead of hitting the deselect shortcut

Original MountainOriginal MountainMountain expanded and subsequently deselectedMountain expanded and subsequently deselected

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 17, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this same problem myself quite frequently when making very complex vector art. Usually I'm able to skirt around it by grouping the drawing or converting it to a symbol before resizing, but it sounds like you've already tried that with no success.

My only other suggestion would be to go to Modify>Shape>Optimize and set the strength as high as you can without compromising your artwork. I've had that solve the problem in the past.

Good luck!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2019 1