• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combine external JS script in published HTML5?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have included an external script through the include feature in the actions panel. Many HTML5 files use this script, and it makes easier for me to make change in that one script to reflect changes in all. 

But when the file is published, the js file is included in the libs directory, without which the published HTML file doesn't work. I have selected combine js/html files and deselected 'export createjs assets' in publish settings, but that didn't make any difference.

I need to upload these files to Wordpress, and it doesn't allow JS files in its media. 

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then you'll need to manually add your external script to the combined html/js that animate publishes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that? 

What currently happens is that the libs folder with the external script sits in the same location as the HTML files. That works.

But I need to upload the HTML files to Wordpress. Wordpress doesn't allow upload of external JS files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines