Highlighted

Combine Movie Symbol Layers to One Layer

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to combine/merge existing movie symbol layers into one layer to animate them as one solid group.   The equivalent would be creating a nested composition in After Effects, but I can't seem to find how to do this.  How can I accomplish this? 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by ClayUUID | Adobe Community Professional

That's what right-click Copy Frames is for. Handles multiple (contiguous) layers as well. Or just duplicate the entire movieclip and delete what you don't want.

TOPICS
Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Combine Movie Symbol Layers to One Layer

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to combine/merge existing movie symbol layers into one layer to animate them as one solid group.   The equivalent would be creating a nested composition in After Effects, but I can't seem to find how to do this.  How can I accomplish this? 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by ClayUUID | Adobe Community Professional

That's what right-click Copy Frames is for. Handles multiple (contiguous) layers as well. Or just duplicate the entire movieclip and delete what you don't want.

TOPICS
Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything you want to animate as a single unit must be copied into a single symbol (graphic or movieclip). So get copying and pasting!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can paste the existing symbols all as one solid object, but the animation/keyframes don't copy over...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2020 0
Guide ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

If I understand your question correctly, Timeline Block To Symbol is your best option:

http://flash-powertools.com/timeline-block-to-symbol/

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2020 0