• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Component button linkage for nested FLVPlayback video

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a FLVPlayback component movie inside a movie clip so I can zoom it. That works fine.

I have placed  the component play and pause button on top level to control the video.

They work fine with the proper dot reference.

What does not work is the normal up, over and off aspects of the buttons; they look like are "on" all the time

If these buttons are on the same level as the video, they display as expected; with nested video, they do not.

Note: the buttons work, just do not display proper. Here is what I have tried...

• Placed inside the movie clip - they zoom with the video
  • Adjusted the actionscript for the button linkage to directly refer to movie clip instead of "this"
    They control correctly, but still not display proper
  • Used MovieClip(parent), (root) and various iterations of same
    Some cases the buttons control correctly, sometimes they do not, but still not display proper
  • I have many more videos not being zoomed
    I am using these components for them and want this video's controls to look the same as all the rest
  • IOS output, so no code inside the FLV
  • Videos are inside a media folder, properly referenced, included with ipa package, so all play on a iPad
  • Custom code a look alike is a possibility, but really hope...
    I am just missing how to link display aspects of the component buttons to a nested video

Thoughts, help, ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks much, Jon

Message was edited by: hoaglandjl

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

i don't see that problem:  http://www.kglad.com/Files/forums/test2.fla

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what buttons are you using?  custom made ones?  component video buttons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for the quick reply. I am using the component video play and pause buttons to control FLVPlayback video

Thanks much, Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see that problem:  http://www.kglad.com/Files/forums/test2.fla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello kglad,

Did you test it as a nested movie? Do the up, over and on look of the button work when not on the same level as the nested movie? I can get the button to work as a button at any level; the problem is they look like they are always "on" when not placed on the same level as the actual movie. Normal process for these buttons are; when play is clicked, it goes "dark" and the pause button "lights" up. When the pause button is clicked, it goes dark and the play button lights up. This is what I want to happen when those buttons are placed on a level different from the movie. I cannot place them on the same level as I am zooming and panning the movie; they would zoom and pan with the movie.

Thanks, Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello kglad,

I looked at your example and wrote my button code to the same method and it solved the problem. It was so simple, but I had it not quite right. Appreciate it much!

This is what I wrote, based on your example, to have the button see a nested movie.

container_mc.videoPlayer_mc.playButton = play_btn;

Thanks much, Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines