Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Control external swf

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm trying to figure out how I could control an external swf from another.

Say I've got one running on one computer and I press a button, is it possible that another swf on another computer could be controlled from the first one?

Ice looked everywhere for information but it make not be possible

TOPICS
ActionScript , How to , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another SWF on another computer? You'll need some sort of client/server setup for that. The sending SWF would have to post a message to the server, which would have a task listening for that message, which would then dispatch it to the IP address of the computer with the other SWF as a push notification. It would all be rather complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a feeling it was going to be rather tough to do. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ActionScript 3 has localconnection, which is designed for this sort of thing. It's not trival, but there is documentation that includes example code:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/net/LocalConnection.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been looking into that but don't think it would do what I want. Basically I want to make a menu for a shop that displays on the tv, the second one would be exported as an apk to a tablet that had buttons that controlled the menu so you could select each section rather than the tv just looping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A different approach, if you have a server that both can connect to, would be to write a text file on the server that the TV is frequent checking. That could be a file server, it wouldn't have to be an Internet server, but could be too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My approach would be a serverless Netgroup with multicast IP. so you'll be able to stream audio/video but also AMF instructions to remote control everything you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines