• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert lines to fill delets lines?

Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, so i'm finnally getting the hang of drawing with my adove animate cc 2021 package. One problem that I seem to be running into though is that after I use the pencil to draw my lines, then use "combine objects>union" I'm able to fill the spaces of my linework with the fill bucket. HOWEVER, sometimes, no matter how many lines I put down or how sure I am that they are connected, the fill bucket crosses these lines and fills way more than I wanted it to. I usually fix this problem by using the "convert lines to fill tool" which usually gives me better results. yet sometimes when i use "convert lines to fill" It Erases several of the lines that the painbucket was ignoring too. This leaves me with a big chuck of linework just deleted for some reason. What Is happening here?

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why don't you use the fill tool's fill gaps options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that but it doesn't do much good, some enclosed spaces just refuse to fill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you list the steps to reproduce the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I draw out my picture using the pencil tool set on create object, then I select all and use the "union" option under the combine objects panel. This helps alot and closes in most areas, but some just won't combine. I then select all and use the "convert lines to fill" option. This causes some of the lines to dissapear, and I can find no pattern to why some lines go and some stay. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, Here's a pic of my workspace. Maybe you could spot something i've got set wrong? Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you selected an object.  double click it and then fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

double click the object so you can edit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, i feel stupid now XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're very welcome.

p.s. i believe you'll have to make quite a few more mistakes with animate before you'll catch up to the number of errors i've made.  otoh, i find trial and error a good way to learn so i don't feel badly about those errors. 

p.p.s.  i'm not sure how this applies but it might make you feel better (or me worse), but i've encountered problems using animate > googled the problem > clicked a link to an adobe forum with the solution and, not infrequently, found i gave the solution some months or years in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines