Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

convert to symbol error. Help!!!

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am trying to learn animate and i am having a weird bug. Whenever i try to convert anything to a symbol i get an error sound, and then a little white rectangle pops up. I have to click the rectangle to make the error sound stop but then it undoes the convert to symbol. I have tried re installing it and it doesnt help. anyone know what to do? attached is a screen capture of the weird little box that pops up.

thanks so much for your time everyone. 

TOPICS
Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first see if you can eliminate that by resetting your preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/set-preferences.html

if that fails to eliminate the problem, make sure your display settings are at 100% and/or decrease the width of animate so we can see want the alert box says.

kglad_0-1611499523049.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply and tips!!
i have tried these things and its still sadly bugging out. 😞 sorry, here is the photo so you dont have to download. Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you successfully reset your preferences (confirmed by something changing from custom to default), then uninstall (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html), restart your computer and then reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
i have tried this a few times and its still not working. I am so frustrated 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this? which?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

completely re-installing and restarting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (in the lower right)
in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines