Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting an app to html

Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have produced two apps which I would also like to use  on a website.

How difficult is it to do that. I've published my first app to the app store. I would also like to use that app on my website.

Is that possible and if so, is there a clear process (any documentation or tutorials) that will show me how to do that.

Many thanks for any advice.

TOPICS
Code , Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That all depends of the functionality. All code would need to be rewritten from ActionScript to JavaScript... but it isn't impossible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding Joseph. That would mean a complete rebuild really (as I suspected) because I would have to adjust the screen size too and make the project responsive for mobile devices. Which leads me on to another question. Can animate work with media queries?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not media queries as they exist in browsers today. You can though adjust and resize/reposition based upon detected resolution - which I used to do all the time with AS3 before media queries were even a thing. LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joseph, I always appreciated your work and expertise, it helped me a lot during the last 10 years on Actionscript. Today I'm very upset to see that Adobe forces developers to use javascrap, knowing that aven Actionscript is much more evolved in clearness, performance and accuracy (typing) and classes/functions. Today I still don't know how to fill the gap of missing classes in JS like rtmfp, netgroups, vector arrays, ip/application multicast etc. Do you have any idea how to convert projects using JS missing functions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really. I mean - Apache Royale has the potential for filling a lot of those gaps but it wouldn't be a simple conversion, I'd imagine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already asked to the guys at the git repo, they just want to hire me to fill the gap in Royale! :). I could, but it's always a question of time. Why such a massive regression into the web development? I hope webassembly will fill the gap soon.... Or I will have to say to the businesses I worked for "Hey guys, last update of all browsers will just throw up your Flash application and good news, nothing can replace it!" 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The entire situation is just awful. Wish I had answers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing I'm sure now, human evolution is a hoax! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines