• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting Flash to HTML5

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of online courses that were made in Power Point and published using Adobe Presenter using flash.  Is there a way to convert these courses to use HTML5.  Each course is made up for up to 20 different lessons, with up to 20 to 150 slides each.   Some of the original Power Points are not available to republish them using presenter using HTML5.  I have seen info about converting flash animations/ads but not an entire course like this.  Will Animate do what I am hoping it will do?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm not familiar with this workflow you used with PowerPoint and Adobe Presenter.

But one thing I can tell you is that if you have Flash content (meaning you used ActionScript), then you're gonna certainly have to rewrite the code from scratch.

The good news are that you're gonna be able to reuse the timeline structures and graphic assets.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response JC.  What we have done in the past is create a course (presentation) in PowerPoint, and then use the Adobe Presentor PowerPoint plugin to output the content.  Now there is a choice to output the contant as HTML 5 instead of Flash content.  Unfortunately, all of our courses will need to be converted to to HTML 5.  I am hoping there is a way to take what was output as flash and convert to HTML 5. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no way to directly convert these flash files to HTML5. You basically have to rebuild the presentation from you prior digital assets and republish in Adobe presenter to HTML5. I've been doing this for a large number of old flash presentations created in both Adobe Presenter and Articulate. If you have the original PP you'll need to reload the audio and re-do any syncing to animation that we done. Then re-publish to HTML5. In some case I just have a pdf of the PowerPoint and the original audio. I first save the pdf pages to individual jpg files and then insert each jpg to a new PP slide. Then import the audio to each slide. You obviously loose any animation that was in the original presentation but I can still create a useful but basic presentation.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines