Highlighted

Converting Flash to HTML5

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of online courses that were made in Power Point and published using Adobe Presenter using flash.  Is there a way to convert these courses to use HTML5.  Each course is made up for up to 20 different lessons, with up to 20 to 150 slides each.   Some of the original Power Points are not available to republish them using presenter using HTML5.  I have seen info about converting flash animations/ads but not an entire course like this.  Will Animate do what I am hoping it will do?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Converting Flash to HTML5

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of online courses that were made in Power Point and published using Adobe Presenter using flash.  Is there a way to convert these courses to use HTML5.  Each course is made up for up to 20 different lessons, with up to 20 to 150 slides each.   Some of the original Power Points are not available to republish them using presenter using HTML5.  I have seen info about converting flash animations/ads but not an entire course like this.  Will Animate do what I am hoping it will do?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 22, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm not familiar with this workflow you used with PowerPoint and Adobe Presenter.

But one thing I can tell you is that if you have Flash content (meaning you used ActionScript), then you're gonna certainly have to rewrite the code from scratch.

The good news are that you're gonna be able to reuse the timeline structures and graphic assets.

Regards,

JC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2019 1
EDC Two LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response JC.  What we have done in the past is create a course (presentation) in PowerPoint, and then use the Adobe Presentor PowerPoint plugin to output the content.  Now there is a choice to output the contant as HTML 5 instead of Flash content.  Unfortunately, all of our courses will need to be converted to to HTML 5.  I am hoping there is a way to take what was output as flash and convert to HTML 5. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2019 0