• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Could not sign the AIR file. Unable to build a valid certificate chain for the signer' - MacOS X

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Publising my .fla to an .app (AIR32 embedded to run on MacOS X outside the Mac-App-Store) in Animate 2021.

Using a new Apple Development ID .p12 certificate in the Animate Publish settings.

Error message when publishing "Could not sign the AIR file. Unable to build a valid certificate chain for the signer".

Has anyone met this and have any comments / pointers / solution? 

Regards,

Em.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's usually a keychain issue.  i recommend you google the problem to search for solutions.

btw, your air32 is 32bit and won't run on mac's with newer (10.15 or later) 64 bit only os'es.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Kglao.

I thought AIR 32 was 64 bit for both Mac and Windows but not Android?

Is this not the case? 

Regards,

Em.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my error. 

you are correct, at least, for mac, AIR 64-bit on Mac OSX (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kglad.

I'm trying to solve my initial issue of 'no valid certificate chain' when publishing. Not getting anywhere yet!

Downloaded all Apple 'Intermediate certificates' from Apple PKI' and loaded them into my Keychain as suggested by someone in a blog but no joy.

If I use the Adobe AnimateCC 'self certification' method during the publishing process the .app publishes fine. But the Adobe AnimateCC 'self signed' certificate is not recognised later by Apple thus need a solution somehow!

HELP - anyone got any ideas re the issues / possible things to try?

Em.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this @emmag757 ??  I am running into the exact same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've git the same problem at the moment. Can anyone tell me what to do? I'm quite confused ... I don't understand what kind of Certificate I have to use andd how and where I have to create it in the key chain.

Can anybody help please!? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you find a solution to this issue?

I did not have this problem until the apps that I am publishing for July 2022.  Surely someone has found the magic.  Hope to hear from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines