• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Covering of other layers by transparent image

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a piece in Animate that has a lot of layers, and I am finding that despite the backgrounds of the images on each layer being transparent, some layers are still covering others when they aren't supposed to.  Below y ou can see the girl with the guitar appears to have something on one layer that is covering the yoga guy.  There isn't.  I have remade all layers and checked them in photoshop, there is definately nothing in the background of any of these layers.

Guitar Masking Yoga 1.PNG

Deselected image for reference

Guitar Masking Yoga unselected.PNG

I created a new layer at the bottom that I applied a green rectange to and that brings up something blocking him from the lady in the wheelchair.  If I hide the green layer this blocking doesn't show, it looks like the top image.  This also shows that the things covering him are not part of the images as else the colour would still be white.

Guitar and Clipboard Masking Yoga green.PNG

I moved the guitar girl over so you can see this doesn't affect any other people so it's definately not a layer issue.

Guitar Masking Yoga moved.PNG

I have remade and saved each part of each image with different names.  I have rebuilt it in a blank file, everything I can think of.  If I move the guitarist group below the yoga guys group it does stop the covering but obviously can't have it arranged like that.  Maybe my cat walked on my keyboard at some point and changed a setting but I'm not sure where to restore default settings to check, and I've not conciously made any changes to the settings.  This is all just images imported onto layers, no changes have been madeI'm in Animate CC, fully up to date.   Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there's limit to everything in animate.  i think the limit for bitmap transparency is 8 or 9 images.

you can test and let us know the number.

in any case, you can work around the limitation by combining images (eg, in ps).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines