Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crashed Adobe animation

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help me please! 

My animation, that has taken to much time to re-make, has crashed. I think. It says that the file might be damaged, and I cannot open it (the timeline is blank). I have re-started my computer, and re-installed Adobe Animate. Nothing works. I have tried to re-name the file to .zip (which I have seen in some example, but it did not help, I think I did it the right way). 

What am I supposed to do? Is it really lost?? I have saved it soo many times, even if it didn't save it yesterday, it should have saved the version from two days ago, or four days ago, but there is nothing there!

TOPICS
Error , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should have backup files.  i know you probably don't but with all projects made with all software (and especially animate) you should append a version number (that frequently increments) to the file name.  eg, for project1.fla i use project1_v000.fla, project1_v001.fla etc.

you can also look to see if animate created an auto backup for you (if you did not disable that in the preferences).  

win:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\<animate version>\en_US\Configuration

mac:

Users/<username>/Application Support/Adobe/<animate/flash version>/en_US/Configuration/

properly trying to recover a corrupted fla requires, renaming to a rar, use winrar to repair, renaming the repaired rar to a fla and trying to open the repaired fla.  that usually fails but my seat-of-the-pants guestimate is that it works 5%-10% of the time. (and using a zip instead of a rar may work as often.)

in the future, re-read the first paragraph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\<animate version>\en_US\Configuration what am I supposed to do with this? I am new to this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"you can also look to see if animate created an auto backup for you (if you did not disable that in the preferences)." Where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i listed the auto backup locations for win and mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines