• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing out of nowhere

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Animate just suddenly disappear out of nowhere?  I'm editing a drawing (simple file, less than 50 frames, maybe 4 layers, nothing crazy) and the whole program just evaporates.  Usually happens at least once a day.  I'm using Animate 2020 on a brand new Mac desktop, but this has happened periodically on every computer and with every version of this program.  

Often the recovery file (which I have set to save every 3 minutes) will be from an hour or longer before the crash.  It just doesn't make any sense.  I work for a handful of studios where we create entire television series in Animate, this is not some mom & pop hobby program.  I just wish someone at Adobe was invested in making this program work at the level they claim it to.  What is Adobe doing with all this money they are siphoning from us if the programs can't even stay open?

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Could you please help us with the following details to look into this issue further?

1. Are you using the latest version of Animate 2020 i.e., 20.5 Build 29329

2. Can you please share the crash report that you get

3. Does this happen when you leave the app idle for some time or happens at the time of working

4. Also, it would be helpful if you could point out the last few steps that you perform just before this happens 

Thanks!

Mohan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines