Highlighted

Crashing

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I need some help. When I'm drawing in Animate CC it constantly crashes! At first it would simply save Recovery Files--even though I have auto save on--but this last time was different. It crashed, I restarted, and ALL my weeks worth of progress was GONE! The output read "Could not load scene into memory. Your file may be damaged." Obviously I'll never get my work back... but I'd like it to not happen again! It's really set me back on my deadlines and I feel very disheartened. Does anyone know how to stop these crashes from happening? I appreciate any input at all!

Love,
Belauna

Hi mate,

First thing you need to do is organise a proper backup system. Large SSDs and HDDs are very affordable these days.

You mention deadlines. It is unacceptable for any professional of any kind to work on a computer and not have automated daily backups - this means two more copies on two external locations on top of what you work on.

Also get into the habit to save your files under a new name every few hours, so that even if you lose a file it is only these few hours of work that you lose.

Update your OS and drivers, shut down any programs that you do not use and disable any resident programs running in background. See if this makes a difference.

If your computer does strange things sometimes, run MemTest86. Check the health of your SSD/HDD with a tool from their manufacturer.

Try different versions of Flash/Animate to see if they also crash.

Try to take note when you get crashes.

You need to figure out what combination of factors contributes to this instability.

For example, I have determined that CS6 is a very stable version of Flash on Windows. It crashes very rarely and almost never corrupts files.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Crashing

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I need some help. When I'm drawing in Animate CC it constantly crashes! At first it would simply save Recovery Files--even though I have auto save on--but this last time was different. It crashed, I restarted, and ALL my weeks worth of progress was GONE! The output read "Could not load scene into memory. Your file may be damaged." Obviously I'll never get my work back... but I'd like it to not happen again! It's really set me back on my deadlines and I feel very disheartened. Does anyone know how to stop these crashes from happening? I appreciate any input at all!

Love,
Belauna

Hi mate,

First thing you need to do is organise a proper backup system. Large SSDs and HDDs are very affordable these days.

You mention deadlines. It is unacceptable for any professional of any kind to work on a computer and not have automated daily backups - this means two more copies on two external locations on top of what you work on.

Also get into the habit to save your files under a new name every few hours, so that even if you lose a file it is only these few hours of work that you lose.

Update your OS and drivers, shut down any programs that you do not use and disable any resident programs running in background. See if this makes a difference.

If your computer does strange things sometimes, run MemTest86. Check the health of your SSD/HDD with a tool from their manufacturer.

You need to figure out what combination of factors contributes to this instability.

For example, I have determined that CS6 is a very stable version of Flash on Windows. It crashes very rarely and almost never corrupts files.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 21, 2020 0
Guide ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2020 2
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I'm rather new to Animate so all these tips are super duper helpful. Thanks again!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2020 1