Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating animated display ads with images

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

I'm trying to create animated display ads with images for Google. With the new guidelines from Google and I'm having a hard time getting the animation file to be underneath the 150KB mark. Does anyone know any tricks or best practice tips I can take in creating animated display ads with images for google? I've tried decreasing the resolutions and sizes for the images I include but, when I'm exporting the animation in Animate, the number of colors I used increases the file size. 

Google animated guidelines:
  • 150kb or smaller
  • Animation length must be 30 seconds or shorter
  • Animations can be looped, but the animations must stop after 30 seconds
  • Animated GIF ads must be slower than 5 FPS

Please help. Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Other , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't use sound and don't use bitmaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. But I see other ads being created with images and I'm wondering how they do it and keep the file size low. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you use a bitmap it has to have a limited number of pixels because file size will increase with pixel number though some bitmaps are more amenable to compression than other and you can use larger bitmaps of certain types.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha. Thank make sense. So, do you know how others are making ads with images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which ad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you seen the animated display ads that display on a google search? These ads will possibly include some sort of image (person, plane, building, etc) but I'm struggling on how to create these within the size restrictions.  I'm thinking I have to create them with HTML5 but just wanted to hear some best practices. 

Here is a link to see some examples: https://www.rsdmarketing.com/animated-banners

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

looks like they have few and small enough bitmaps to make it under 150 kb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines