Highlighted

Cropping elements off stage

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export a swf from animate and open it, I'm able to see everything happening offstage by resizing the browser window. How do I clip the file to only show the stage? I tried pressing the "clip content outside stage" button and re-exporting, but that didn't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cropping elements off stage

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export a swf from animate and open it, I'm able to see everything happening offstage by resizing the browser window. How do I clip the file to only show the stage? I tried pressing the "clip content outside stage" button and re-exporting, but that didn't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clip content feature is just an author time conveniance. To fix the issue you see you need to change the stage scale mode. The default one is called "showAll", and it intenionally reveals the content off the sides of the stage. It's extremely useful when making mobile apps that have to work on a wide range of screen ratios.

To prevent the side items from appearing you can use "noBorder". That will have the opposite effect, in that as you make the browser window be taller or wider, the stage area contents will get cut off. You can work around that either by laying everything out with code, and using "noScale", or by designing your scene so that the important parts are far enough from the edges that they will remain visible for most window ratios.

The code to use is this:

stage.scaleMode = "noBorder";

Put that into the Actions panel in frame 1 of your timeline.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2019 1
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I'm surprised you have to get into the code to do something that simple, but it works perfectly now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2019 0
Guide ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate, 

Or you just mask the stage as shown in our Movie Template: http://flash-powertools.com/edapt-movie-template-free-download/

which you can download to see how the file is structured.

Good luck!

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you export to video format, the file is cropped to the stage size.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2019 0