Highlighted

CTRL+Click selection

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. So I'm a new Adobe user. I've made art on a software called FireAlpaca for 2-3 years. I'm now on Adobe Animate, because I'm really interested in making 2d animations. Anyway, when I'm doing lineart, I often draw one line 3-4 times, sometimes even more, until it's perfect for me. I draw one line, CTRL+Z if I'm not happy about it, and try again one more time. It's a fast process and my finger stays on CTRL while i'm trying multiple takes of that line. (So while already pushing CTRL, I press also Z to undo, and try again after.)
But here's the problem, because my finger stays on the CTRL key and I'm pushing it, here on Adobe Animate it does that rectangle selection thing instead of a line stroke. It's really frustrating because that's just how I'm used to doing linearts, I can't just go slower and be careful to not keep my finger there. (it has become a muscle memory? idk how to describe it.) I've tried to change that selection-tool keyboard shortcut to something else. But I can't find it option in the shortcut list! Something like CTRL+Click doesn't seem to exist. Please help.. how can I change it?

TOPICS
How to, Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CTRL+Click selection

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. So I'm a new Adobe user. I've made art on a software called FireAlpaca for 2-3 years. I'm now on Adobe Animate, because I'm really interested in making 2d animations. Anyway, when I'm doing lineart, I often draw one line 3-4 times, sometimes even more, until it's perfect for me. I draw one line, CTRL+Z if I'm not happy about it, and try again one more time. It's a fast process and my finger stays on CTRL while i'm trying multiple takes of that line. (So while already pushing CTRL, I press also Z to undo, and try again after.)
But here's the problem, because my finger stays on the CTRL key and I'm pushing it, here on Adobe Animate it does that rectangle selection thing instead of a line stroke. It's really frustrating because that's just how I'm used to doing linearts, I can't just go slower and be careful to not keep my finger there. (it has become a muscle memory? idk how to describe it.) I've tried to change that selection-tool keyboard shortcut to something else. But I can't find it option in the shortcut list! Something like CTRL+Click doesn't seem to exist. Please help.. how can I change it?

TOPICS
How to, Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't think you can remove that.

you could assign another shortcut to the line tool (eg, ctrl-g) so you can keep the ctrl key pressed and select the line tool when you see the selection rectangle start to draw.  you'll learn a new method of working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0
ClayUUID LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate supports multiple keyboard shortcuts per command, so you could just add another key mapping for Edit -> Undo that doesn't use the Ctrl key. By default "Z" switches to the Zoom tool, but that's so rarely used it wouldn't be much of a loss to overwrite it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 1