• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different types of keyframes?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with symbols within tweens. When I insert a new keyframe within a sequence, like in a motion tween for example, it shows up as a small diamond shape rather than a dot. Why is that, and how do I change it? Because I want to make breaks within the sequences so I can fine tune positions and rotations.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

You could think of dot being a key frame of everything, and a diamond being a keyframe of some things. If in a motion tween you happen to key frame everything, it's still a diamond. But that aside, with classic tweens you can only tween everything between keyframes. With Motion tweens you can tween one thing over some frames, and a different thing over a different range of frames.

It's not a layer thing. If you have a reason to need to tween different attributes over different frame ranges, th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could think of dot being a key frame of everything, and a diamond being a keyframe of some things. If in a motion tween you happen to key frame everything, it's still a diamond. But that aside, with classic tweens you can only tween everything between keyframes. With Motion tweens you can tween one thing over some frames, and a different thing over a different range of frames.

It's not a layer thing. If you have a reason to need to tween different attributes over different frame ranges, then use a motion tween. If on every keyframe everything changes, then you may as well use a classic tween, and get the dots.

One thing you will read is that with HTML5 Canvas, classic tweens will perform a lot better. That's because the tween gets converted into one line of JavaScript instead of lots and lots of lines of JavaScript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines