Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Displaying animated content above HTML5 video

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am making an animated HTML5 banner ad with Animate CC that uses video. I used the video component, but all of my other content is hidden behind the video when I view it in the browser.

After searching online for a solution I eventually found this code, which I added to the timeline:

var dom_container = document.getElementById("dom_overlay_container");

dom_container.style.zIndex=-1;

I don't fully understand the code. It seemed to fix the problem, but then I found that when I included a poster image with the attached video, the poster image obscures the video, because I presume the above code puts the video behind the poster image.

So, I cannot use a poster image with the video. Does anyone know a solution to this?

I'm surprised and disappointed that something as basic as putting animated content over video is not properly supported in Animate CC, and that I have to search for obscure code online to include something which is so essential to making video based banner ads. Or is there some obvious feature of Animate CC that I am not using properly?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

This is the way components work within HTML5 Canvas components in Animate. There is a DOM overlay that is created as all components are DOM elements and not a part of the canvas element. The DOM overlay layer always appears overlaying the canvas layer. This is just how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also want to know how to adjust the depth of the element.

Z-Index seems to be for the whole canvas, not for the components.

If it is clicked I will use

var a2=this.a2

a2.on("mousedown", function (evt) {

this.parent.addChild(this);

});

But adjusting the hierarchy of individual elements still doesn't know how to use.

I hope someone can give me an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the way components work within HTML5 Canvas components in Animate. There is a DOM overlay that is created as all components are DOM elements and not a part of the canvas element. The DOM overlay layer always appears overlaying the canvas layer. This is just how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines