• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone know how to create a rig with multiple head angles?

New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey anyone reading this, I'll get to the point. I'm creating an animation with some characters that I want to have multiple head angles. It's similar to this Jazza video tutorial that I'll link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHVZsbiymeQ&t=1656s (20:42 is when he starts on the head). The Head rig that he is animating is only one head pose facing the left. How do I go about creating multiple head pose rigs? Sorry if this was a bit word garbage, I've just been stuck on this proble for a while and I'm not sure what to do. I can share my animation file with anyone if they would like to help with this problem. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest just adding another frame, and in the 2nd frame you place the 2nd head angle, movement, or expression, and in the 3rd keyframe you place the third. Or you can just frmaes 1, 10 and 20 to give yourself room on the timeline.

Then when animating assuming your symbol is a Graphic Symbol, you can select it on the stage or its keyframe and then in the properties panel under "Object" you can change the Graphic symbol to static frame so you can easily change it from one head to another by adding a new keyframe on the timeline, and then changing the frame number to 1, 10, 20, or however you set it up.

graphic-symbol-properties.jpg

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

Depending on your design and how you want to animate those head angles, you have a few options:

1. Create separate head symbol containers with the same registration at the base of the head where neck comes in. The internal timelines of these run always in sync with the character timeline and you swap them at keyframes.

2. Same as above, but wrap the head angle symbols in a graphic symbol, where one head angle occupies one frame. When blocking out your animation you can quickly switch angles without the need to swap. When you're done blocking out, you release the outer wrapper by breaking apart and you can animate facial features in sync one level deep as in 1.

3. Finally if you need smooth transitions between head angles, you have to have the elements on the same timeline and tween them or redraw them.

Often a combination of 3. and 1./2. is used for the transitions.

Detailed information here:   http://flash-powertools.com/workflow/

Sample rigs can be downloaded from here:  http://flash-powertools.com/tag/free-download/

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines