• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drawing on an iPad Animate on desktop

New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create animation but i want to know what is the best app to use on an iPad when drawing characters, vehicles,etc. I didn't like using adobe draw too much on my ipad. I am looking at Procreate and Affinity Designer. Not sure if vector drawing is ideal or not for Animate CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Adobe Photoshop Sketch?

You can always just sketch up your ideas in adobe sketch then use them to create your drawings in Adobe Animate.

Do you have a Tablet or Cintiq for your computer? If not? You can use your iPad with the App Astropad Studio | Turn your iPad into a professional graphics tablet

This will allow you to use your iPad as a tablet with your computer and you would be able to draw right in Adobe Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I have. I found photoshop sketch was more limiting than Adobe Draw. I am looking for features that allow your strokes to turn into straight lines or smoothed out strokes. But at the same time have the drawings editable for Animate. I am finding that it’s best to use the desktop illustrator with a wacom to achieve this. I was hoping for something on the ipad that will transfer over to animate and allow me to edit my drawings accordingly. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found your answer? This is the exact question I have right now... Debating buying an ipad & minimac so I can draw and have a computer with processing power to animate. Right now, I'm drawing on paper, taking a picture, emailing it to myself, downloading it to photoshop, adding it to character animator- and then I find out the shoulder is the wrong shape or something and I have to start the whole process over again. I would love a simpler workflow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

isnt astropad only if you have a mac computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey just wanted to say that the sidecar feature might work (only if you have mac). So basically what it does is it shares your Mac screen onto the iPad. Then use your stylus to animate whatever you want. Works well with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines