Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop Shadow and Movie Symbols

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have one character to illustrate who needs to be seen as a shadow. So I converted him to a drop shadow, and that is working well. I've been using the bone tool to animate him, but when I need to animate another layer with him in it, the separate movie symbols are multiplying their shadow darkness where they overlap. Why is this happening? Please help!

I could get around this if I also could learn how to remove the cigarette from his hand to have him throw it in the trash can. But right now it is attached with the bone tool to his hand. 

I've attached two images to show you the correct character layer and the incorrect character layer. 

Also, we know he isn't suppose to throw the cigarette into the trash can, that's the point 🙂

Thanks all!

TOPICS
Error , How to , Missing feature , Performance , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out. But you have to follow these steps otherwise you get the shadow overlaps. 

1. Place your character, mine was an .ai file, to a layer

2. Convert file to a movie symbol

3. Select whole layer and add the drop shadow filter to the whole layer

4. Then, break apart the movie symbol, and create the pieces into movie symbols

5. Then then, connect the movie symbols with the bone tool. 

The shadow overlays disappear! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines