Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate Items in library when sharing between FLAs

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I've been having this frustrating problem for a while. 

I am using one FLA called "shared_components.fla" where I have defined all of my shared components for easy sharing and 
styling in one place. 
Now in my other workfile, "menu.xfl" I am pulling in a few of these Library symbols. Mostly this works fine, but when two Symbols (A and B) have an instance of a Third symbol (X) inside of them, this creates a "Duplicate Items Folder" with a duplicate of X in it, with B now referencing the duplicate of X. Now if I pull in or update Symbol C that also references X, this creates "X copy" in "Duplicate Items Folder", with symbol C now referencing that one. 

I clearly do not want my Library to keep growing like this as it becomes messy to keep track of, and I am afraid that it will have an impact on runtime performance or memory footprint. 

Since I am doing a lot of updates I can not keep having to go back and Swap what instance of X A, B and C are pointing to. 

All of the symbols mentioned are set up for Authortime Sharing. 

The Symbols are arranged differently in the two libraries, in menu.xfl I have put all of my shared Symbols under a "_imported" folder so that I can easily keep track of which ones I need to update.

Is there some other key function I have missed, or is Animate bugged? 

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?