• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate layer with empty keyframes (duplicate keyframe structure)

Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!
I wonder if there is a way to create a new layer with premade blank keyframes based on another layer. 
Use case is - when I do a clean up, I'd love to duplicate my rough animation layer with the same keyframe structure - just empty ones. So I don't have to manually create them all the time. When there are lots of layers it adds up.

Thanks,

Agris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

If you mean the original layer isn't blank but you want to use its structure, then you can use Edit Multiple frames to delete the content in the duplicated original layer. First, right-click on the original layer and select Duplicate Layers. Then remove the content of the layer but keep the structure by clicking on Edit Multiple Frames in the Timeline. Make sure all of the frames you want to edit are indicated in the frame range. You can expand the selected frame range by dragging an edge of the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean the original layer isn't blank but you want to use its structure, then you can use Edit Multiple frames to delete the content in the duplicated original layer. First, right-click on the original layer and select Duplicate Layers. Then remove the content of the layer but keep the structure by clicking on Edit Multiple Frames in the Timeline. Make sure all of the frames you want to edit are indicated in the frame range. You can expand the selected frame range by dragging an edge of the range if only a portion is selected. On the layer that you want to remove the content, click on the first keyframe and Shift + click on the last frame. Then delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! This didn't came in my mind. Although I'd prefer a bit faster way to achieve this, your solution works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines