• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamically update bitmap in a library symbol and see that change happen across all use counts?

Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(HTML Canvas.)

In the libary is a symbol that has a use count over 50, none of the instances of the symbol have instance names. The symbol contains a Bitmap ( spritesheet.png ) which has been, until now, in the library. For optimizing loading times, we now load the spritesheet dynamically.

Ideally I would update the spritesheet.png in the library dynamically, but I haven't found a way to do that.

How do I update the Bitmap that the symbol uses and see that change happen across all use counts for that symbol?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

If you're talking about replacing a sprite sheet in the library of animate, you should just be able to name it the same and overwrite it.

If it's in an outside folder the same thing should work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're talking about replacing a sprite sheet in the library of animate, you should just be able to name it the same and overwrite it.

If it's in an outside folder the same thing should work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines