Easing for Motion Tweening vs. Classic Tweening

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see a huge benefit to motion tweening since you can see the path and adjust more specifically, but I don't understand why easing is so difficult.  

I've been following the hands-on tutorials, and a lot of them use classic tweening, which allows for an easier way to create an ease directly in the properties window. Why doesn't Motion tweening do the same?  

I'm going to attempt to teach this to grade 7 students, but I'm not sure which method I should suggest to them to use (motion or classic). Trying to get them to do both for certain objects will create confusion.  I need to keep it super simple. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Guide , Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021
Hi mate, The consensus among the Flash animation community is that Motion tweens are useless and no time should be wasted with them. Classic and Shape tweens are all that you need and this is what is used in TV animation.Usage of Motion tweens accounts to less than a fraction of 1%. It is very close to zero. The implementation has been awful since the very beginning. There are more problems with them than just the easing.You can evaluate for yourself or take my word for it and save yourself a lo...

translate

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

The consensus among the Flash animation community is that Motion tweens are useless and no time should be wasted with them.

Classic and Shape tweens are all that you need and this is what is used in TV animation.

Usage of Motion tweens accounts to less than a fraction of 1%. It is very close to zero. The implementation has been awful since the very beginning. There are more problems with them than just the easing.

You can evaluate for yourself or take my word for it and save yourself a lot of wasted time and frustration.

Nick – Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team – extensions for character animation – flash-powertools dot com

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines