Edit PNGs in Animate!

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have transparency supported PNG images of linework, which i would like to color in Animate. (Please don't give me another suggestion on software to use instead, I have a friend helping me color and animate is the software they're working with), However, when I import my PNGs onto the stage, they are not recognized as editable objects! I would like to simply use the paint bucket tool inside my line art.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

select your png>click modify>bitmap>trace bitmap  (and experiment with settings).

your bitmap will be converted to a vector so it can be edited in animate.  if you want to export a png when you finish editing click file>export>export image and select png and your settings.

for others reading this, if you don't want to convert a bitmap to a vector to a bitmap, use a bitmap editing program (eg, ps) instead of animate.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're wanting to edit the assets in Animate, ideally you shouldn't be using PNGs (or any other bitmap format), but something in a vector format already, such as SVG. The method that kglad describes will work, but starting with a vector to begin with would be much better.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hold up. You say your friend is also using Animate. So how are you ending up with PNGs?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines