Highlighted

Editing nested symbols in multiple scenes

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rigged a charater and made it into one big symbol. Within this charater symbol there is a nested symbol for the head and within the head there is another nested symbol for the mouth. How do I bring in the charater rig into a seperate scene? When I duplicate the charater and bring it in a new scene I can change a few layers but the nested symbols are still connected. For example, When I change the mouth symbol on the duplicate charater, it will change on both the duplicate and the origional since the nested symbol "mouth" is techniquly the same. How can I duplicate and start fresh without having to duplicate every single nested symbol and re rig it for every scene?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Editing nested symbols in multiple scenes

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rigged a charater and made it into one big symbol. Within this charater symbol there is a nested symbol for the head and within the head there is another nested symbol for the mouth. How do I bring in the charater rig into a seperate scene? When I duplicate the charater and bring it in a new scene I can change a few layers but the nested symbols are still connected. For example, When I change the mouth symbol on the duplicate charater, it will change on both the duplicate and the origional since the nested symbol "mouth" is techniquly the same. How can I duplicate and start fresh without having to duplicate every single nested symbol and re rig it for every scene?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 08, 2020 0
Guide ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Generally speaking for different shots you wouldn't need to clone the character's head and mouths as the idea is that the head will run in sync with the main and character timelines.

Example: If the whole movie is 1000 frames and you have 5 'scenes'* 200 frames each, you just run the head set to Play Once and make sure its internal timeline is 1000 frames and is synced.

Then you will have no frame conflicts.

*I would strongly advise against using Animate Scenes, and just keep all your shots on the same timeline in only one Scene.

If you still want to clone a character with all its nested symbols, use Duplicate Symbol Recursive.

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0