• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing Sound causes Flash Cs6 to Freeze

New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so I've had a recent problem with flash cs6. Since it happened the first time, it occured every time since. Basically when I go to edit the sound in the timeline (I click on the sound in the timeline, then go to the pencil icon titled "Edit Sound Envelope.") As soon as I do that, the program freezes, and the only thing I can do is close the program. It atleast asks me if I want to save before closing. 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash cs6 and this problem still happens. It didn't always do this, it just started a few months ago and I am not sure why. Any help is appreciated.  

TOPICS
Error , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Removing Config has to be done when Flash is closed.

Upon the next start it re-creates all the flies in a default clean state.

Keep in mind that you will lose any custom shortcuts, installed plugins and so on and you will need to install them again.

You can, of course, copy the shortcuts before you delete Config and then paste them back again.

Here is the official article: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/re-create-preferences-flash-professional.html

You may need to show hidden files and folders i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

For sounds to not cause any trouble in Flash, before import they have to be 44100Hz, 16-bit, PCM WAV files.

Every other format has the potential to give one problem or another.

So, first thing to do is check your sources and if they are 24 or 32-bit edit them to match the above criteria and try again.

Also decompress MP3s to WAVs. Some more modern MP3s don't work well.

Hope this helps!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your fast reply. 

I've converted the audio in audacity to the specifications you listed and I am still encountering the freezing error when I try to edit the sound's volume. I wonder if it has something to do with the program itself since it seems to be reacting to all sound files this way regardless of bitrate or file type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, mate,

I've used Flash Pro CS6 for many years under Win XP, 7, 8.1 and now 10 and have never experienced what you describe.

The only other thing that comes to mind would be recently updated audio driver that causes system instability and Flash to hang.

If you're on Win 10 64, try running Flash in compatibility mode for Widows 7 32 to see if that may bring any positive change.

Also for any kind of unusual behaviour, you may want to try and remove Config (i.e. restet preferences) to clear any potentially damaged cache.

I don't have any other ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. I right clicked the flash cs6 icon, went to properties > compatibility > and selected windows 7 but the same problem occurs I'm afraid. 

I'll try the remove config, although it is nothing I have tried before and I don't want to mess anything up. Is there a place where I can find the area to reset preferences for cs6? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing Config has to be done when Flash is closed.

Upon the next start it re-creates all the flies in a default clean state.

Keep in mind that you will lose any custom shortcuts, installed plugins and so on and you will need to install them again.

You can, of course, copy the shortcuts before you delete Config and then paste them back again.

Here is the official article: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/re-create-preferences-flash-professional.html

You may need to show hidden files and folders in order to get to the Config folder.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks resetting preferences worked! (Once I figured out how to recreate preferences, which I just held Shift+Ctrl+Alt prior to booting flash. Then I allowed it to delete the old settings. )

When I tried to edit the audio, it opened the window in the bottom right corner without freezing. I was actually able to move around and get it now. 

You helped me last year around Christmas time when I put out a bounty for corrupted files. We didn't quite get them back but this time we succeeded. Appreciated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well done, mate!

Really glad you got at least this sound issue fixed.

I remember your story with the corrupted files now... That's always a tricky situation.

All the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines