• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed HD Video in Adobe Animate Timeline?

Participant ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping to update a Flash application that embeds video into the timeline.

Is it possible to embed HD video in Adobe Animate timelines?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

You can still only have FLV embedded in a SWF timeline, but those can be HD, just give the On2VP6 encoder a higher data rate, and a 1920x1080 size.

There are various ways to have video appear in a scene. What is the final playback platform you're targeting? Do you need animations to be on top of the video in a frame accurate way?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still only have FLV embedded in a SWF timeline, but those can be HD, just give the On2VP6 encoder a higher data rate, and a 1920x1080 size.

There are various ways to have video appear in a scene. What is the final playback platform you're targeting? Do you need animations to be on top of the video in a frame accurate way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Good to see you’re still active in the Flash/Animate arena. I had to, sadly, part ways with Flash, for the most part, since even though Animate allows you to export to an html5 version, that version doesn’t comply with 508 Accessibility standards, and working for the county, there wasn’t much of an option to continue down that path. Very frustrating to see such a powerful platform be forced to the roadside.

However, I do have legacy product I’m still trying to support with new video content, so I’m very happy to hear that HD is supported, thank you for that information.

Can you suggest a data rate I should use?

Also, I’m currently having to use an online source to convert my H.264 files to .flv, since, as you mentioned in a post, Adobe has stripped .flv output capabilities from Media Encoder. Is there a better way to be converting to .flv these days?

Thank again, Colin. You’ve always been a valued wealth of information.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One worry with embedded video is that it presumably is all in RAM at some point. I would try 2 mbps as starting point, then come down from that if it crashes, or go up if the quality isn't good enough.

If you have a CC subscription to can download Flash Pro CS6, which is useful to have for support of AS2 files, or TLF, etc. Part of the install is AME CS6, and that still supports FLV, so that's what I would use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent.  Thanks for the advice, Colin.  Sound as usual.  ; ]

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mrwizzer2 wrote:

Adobe has stripped .flv output capabilities from Media Encoder. Is there a better way to be converting to .flv these days?

Ooof, that was waste of time (installing Adobe Media Encoder)

Is there any good alternative that woun't involve some questionable 3rd party apps?

I'm trying to create an animation using short video clips in Adobe Animate.

Or is there a better software option?

(btw why doesn't Adobe support their own formats in Encoder is a mystery)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh just read it again and saw you are recommending Flash Pro CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines