Highlighted

Embedded .FLV looses quality when exported in .SWF

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have created a little app that allows a person to select the language of choice (french or english) of a video. I've built it by embedding the .FLV videos in Movieclip timelines. Unfortunitely, after exporting as .SWF, the videos loose their quality. The videos are 6 minutes long; could their lenght be the source of my problem?

I've searched but haven't found a solution so far.

Thank you for your help,

Karol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Embedded .FLV looses quality when exported in .SWF

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have created a little app that allows a person to select the language of choice (french or english) of a video. I've built it by embedding the .FLV videos in Movieclip timelines. Unfortunitely, after exporting as .SWF, the videos loose their quality. The videos are 6 minutes long; could their lenght be the source of my problem?

I've searched but haven't found a solution so far.

Thank you for your help,

Karol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 11, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your publish settings are set to the highest quality for the export. But honestly, it would be better to just link from the swf to the .flv externally. You would not have quality issues then.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nick and thank you for your help,

Would it be possible for you to show me how to establish the link from the FLV (saved on the computer) to the SWF? You should know, the SWF will be played locally, not on the web.

Also, I have a EventListener on the last frame of the videos which automacally sends to the Home page (an other frame out of the MovieClip):

MovieClip(parent).gotoAndStop(1);

Would this Event still be possible with the video linked?

Here is the file if you want to take a look at my project:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s3IweEHydTTmKsFl1okAJ3dO2c040ITk

Thank you!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've figured out a way to have the video linked externally with this following code + by creating a video object in the library of my Animate CC session. The result: I find the quality of the video is better than when imported directly on the timeline but it still doesn't match the original video, when played without AS3 (like VLC for example). In other words, the quality of the video still remains affected...

import flash.net.NetConnection;

import flash.net.NetStream;

var myConnection:NetConnection = new NetConnection();

var myStream:NetStream;

var metaInfo:Object = new Object();

myConnection.connect(null);

myStream = new NetStream(myConnection);

myVideo.attachNetStream(myStream);

myStream.play("myVideo.mp4");

metaInfo.onMetaData = onMetaData;

myStream.client = metaInfo;

function onMetaData(info:Object):void{

}

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2019 0