Emergency Recover File Not Working

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been working on a project for a few weeks now. And my computer trackpad froze on me. Wasn't reading inputs. So I used my keyboard to Cmd + S my file. Then I restarted my computer. When it gave me the option to open the recover file, clicked 'No', because why would I need to, I had saved my file already.

I open the file, it was a save from 2 days ago. Nothing from the last 48 hours. I poke around in my computer's files, find the recovery file, I open it, and it's empty. No keyframes or layers at all. Is there anything I can do to recover my progress? I really don't want to have to redo all that animation.

Something important that you should know is that I save my files as .xfl files, because I've had way too many experiences with .fla files corrupting. I'm also a mac user.

Edit: It says there is a javaScript error. I also looked at the difference between the two folders, and it appears that the recover folder is missing DOM documents and one .dat document. Are these important? Also, the recover fold still has the assets and symbols I made between the time, whereas the old one doesn't

TOPICS
Error, Other

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?