Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

End of Adobe Flash Player

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have a collection of games that I programmed in AS3, I still have the FLA and SWF sources, how can I display them on my site in 2021 when the browsers will no longer use Adobe Flash Player?
Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

kglad didn't just mean to use the convert option to make them be HTML5 Canvas FLA. You would also need to convert the AS3 code into CreateJS compatible JavaScript. In some cases you will be able to edit a line to make the syntax be correct, but often you will need to do the same feature in a different way.

One approach is to reuse all of the assets, but only use the AS3 version as a demo, and recreate all of the code from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

convert them to html5/canvas using animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello kglad,
I tried but it doesn't work, when the as3 script is commented out the images work but not the buttons, if I then uncomment the script I have an empty page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad didn't just mean to use the convert option to make them be HTML5 Canvas FLA. You would also need to convert the AS3 code into CreateJS compatible JavaScript. In some cases you will be able to edit a line to make the syntax be correct, but often you will need to do the same feature in a different way.

One approach is to reuse all of the assets, but only use the AS3 version as a demo, and recreate all of the code from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes exactly! This is what I do. You can open the AS3 fla and copy the timeline in an HTML5 canvas fla and change all the code and sometime how things were done but it is not too complicated in my experience. Of course it depends what type of things were happening in the original fla.

Good luck on your conversion.

and Happy New Year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines