• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1120: Access of undefined properties (disabling advanced layers not an option)

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all! I have an assignment for class that went really well, except for this one issue. 

I've seen several similar posts about this particular error, but none that address how to fix it if disabling advanced layers is not an option (it disables my Camera layer, which completely breaks my parallax scrolling effect). The code for the buttons in question looks like this: 

stop();

Replay_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_7);

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_7(event:MouseEvent):void
{
gotoAndPlay("JumpHere");
}

Sprites_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToWebPage_3);

function fl_ClickToGoToWebPage_3(event:MouseEvent):void
{
navigateToURL(new URLRequest("http://gameart2d.com/freebies.html"), "_blank");
}

Sound_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToWebPage_4);

function fl_ClickToGoToWebPage_4(event:MouseEvent):void
{
navigateToURL(new URLRequest("http://www.bensound.com"), "_blank");
}

I've used the Code Snippets panel, and the "JumpHere" piece refers to a frame label at which point my animation starts after the button is clicked. I've double and triple checked, and the button instance names in the Properties panel and in the code are the same. 

Any suggestions are welcome, as I've already been docked 25% of my grade on the assignment based on this issue alone. I'm allowed to resubmit, so I'd really like to be able to fix it, especially since the problem is now popping up in a new project. Thank you, and I really appreciate any help!

TOPICS
ActionScript , Code , Error , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?