• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error 1120 undefined property even though my instance is named?

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there, i'm not sure where else to turn; ive scoured the internet, watched videos, looked up codes and im still turning up empty handed (or im just dumb).

I'm learning animate for a class (teacher isn't very helpful, she had no idea why my code wasnt working either).

i'm doing a navigation bar with 4 buttons. I've named the instances (such as ex: greentamabtn, redtamabtn, bluetamabtn) and the code im using

/* Click to Go to Frame and Stop
Clicking on the specified symbol instance moves the playhead to the specified frame in the timeline and stops the movie.
Can be used on the main timeline or on movie clip timelines.

Instructions:
1. Replace the number 5 in the code below with the frame number you would like the playhead to move to when the symbol instance is clicked.
*/

greentamabtn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToAndStopAtFrame);

function fl_ClickToGoToAndStopAtFrame(event:MouseEvent):void
{
gotoAndStop(112);
}

but no matter what i do, i keep getting the error Scene 3, Layer 'actions', Frame 787, Line 12, Column 1 1120: Access of undefined property greentamabtn.

i'm still pretty new at what im trying to learn, so it's probably something simple im missing; i put an actions layer at the top of my layers, put a stop action at the very end. can someone help me before i get a failing grade.

TOPICS
ActionScript , Error , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?