• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2032: Stream Error. at MP3_Player_fla::MainTimeline/frame1()

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I know this question has been asked before but I am not getting any results from the previous answers. My code is very simple, not even complete yet. This is actually a tutorial I am following for class. My instructor sent us mp3 files to download and I keep getting this error:

Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2032: Stream Error. at MP3_Player_fla::MainTimeline/frame1().

I have already read that one solution someone had was to change text behavior from multiline to single line and that fixed it. Well in static text, the behaviors are set to multiline and greyed out. My coding is below, someone please help me!!!

import flash.net.URLRequest;

import flash.media.Sound;

import flash.events.Event;

var audioLoader:URLRequest = new URLRequest ("carmina");

var s:Sound = new Sound();

s.load(audioLoader);

s.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, songReady);

function songReady(evt:Event):void {

trace("song ready");

}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Hi.

This error is not related to text fields or text fields types. The error is saying that the path to the song you're trying to load is wrong. In your case, you're missing the extension. Also, you're missing a play call.

Try this:

var audioLoader: URLRequest = new URLRequest("carmina.mp3"); // ADD THE EXTENSION HERE

var s: Sound = new Sound();

s.load(audioLoader);

s.play(); // ADD THIS LINE

s.addEventListener(Event.COMPLET

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

This error is not related to text fields or text fields types. The error is saying that the path to the song you're trying to load is wrong. In your case, you're missing the extension. Also, you're missing a play call.

Try this:

var audioLoader: URLRequest = new URLRequest("carmina.mp3"); // ADD THE EXTENSION HERE

var s: Sound = new Sound();

s.load(audioLoader);

s.play(); // ADD THIS LINE

s.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, songReady);

function songReady(evt: Event): void

{

trace("song ready");

}

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soo much! Just adding the extension made the difference! My instructor stated to copy the name of the file exactly how it was so that's what I did. Words are very powerful if not used correctly. Thanks a bunch for your help though!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent!

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines