Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export layers of animation for Comping

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I find it extremely frustrating that in Adobe Animate there doesn't seem to be a way to export all layers to movie clips for compositing in After Effects. I could do it manually-- but for a large project it's going to be insanely time consuming.

Is there no hidden way to expedite this process, or no way to do a "Dynamic Link" between the file and AE?

I'd hate to have to drop it and move to another platform to do the animation.

Best,

Kyle !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

In Publish Settings there is an item "SWF Archive". It publishes a zip file. In the zip file is one SWF per layer from the timeline, ready for taking into AE as tracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Publish Settings there is an item "SWF Archive". It publishes a zip file. In the zip file is one SWF per layer from the timeline, ready for taking into AE as tracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is how we'll do it. You've saved me and my team a lot of time. A bit clunky: position the correct scene on top, publish a zip, unzip, import, repeat... But it'll do I suppose!

Thank you, Colin!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it's useful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I had the same problem, An2020 .fla is not compatible with AE2020. This was working before. This work around works for me but I hope Adobe comes up with some kind of bugfix because as Kyle_Delso says, it is clunky. Have a nice day, sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines