• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export MP4 with actionscript

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created an animation that uses simple ActionScript - such as a "stop();  and setTimeout()" functions on movie clip symbols to stop the animation but keep the content on the screen without needing to insert hundreds of frames. 

However, when I export it looks like the file just cuts out on the first frame with script in it. Of course, it makes sense - mp4's don't use ActionScript. I was hoping there was a way to get animate to recognise these functions and export the mp4 with them?

(I've also tried importing the swf into after effects, but again it just ignores the script and the clip ends up being 2 seconds long rather than the 10 or so it would be with the script)

TOPICS
ActionScript , Import and export , Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I can't output an MP4 that plays through the movieclips like the SWF does.

There's no interaction on actionscript required for the MP4, it's just code controlling the timeline to be able to efficiently and easily make edits, but at present it seems you have to manually extend everything in a way that makes editing laborious and limited.

That seems ridiculous, can Animate really not output a video using it's own code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a general advice: don't use movie clips (with or without scripting) in animation projects, that will end up as video files. Use movie clips only in interactive projects.

Now, for the particular issue: try to change the instance type of the movie clip to 'graphic', set the desired looping behaviour - 'play once', 'loop' or what you want and extend the clip in the desired frame range in the timeline.

- Vlad: UX and graphic design, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To all those running into the same problem, just like me: you can still use the good old QuickTime trick as we did with Flash, but with a minor detail.

1) Get QuickTime if not installed

2) In Export Video/Media choose MOV as destination format, keep all settings default, except...

3) Change from Entire Movie to Time and enter the length your clip should be or longer

4) Use Media Encoder to convert the result to MP4

5) Thank Adobe for making things so very user friendly for us (optional)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines