Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export SVG to Illustrator - path errors

Explorer ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm trying to export my Animate illustration to Illustrator but with no luck. I export with SVG legacy option.

My illustration looks different in Illustrator after the import. It loses many paths, some become much thinner.

Is there a way to fix it?

Here's my file: Dropbox - kuter.fla - Simplify your life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should just be able to copy it and paste it into Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can copy and paste the whole image as one layer. Also it is copied as bitmap.

I need all the separate layers I have in Animate to translate to Illustrator and

to keep those as vectors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ceznov

I'm not sure how you exported your Animate illustration. I downloaded your file (kuter.fla) and exported the boat illustration via

Menu > Export > Export Image (Legacy) ... and selected as File Format > SVG Image (*.svg).

Opened this kuter.svg in Illustrater (to be more clear: I placed it in an empty Artboard) and it looks like proper vector.

Screenshot 2019-05-21 at 13.48.10.png

Hope this helps

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized that exporting with Optimize for Character Animator option makes all those errors.

Unfortunately only with this options I can keep my layer names...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I am trying to figure out the problem. I stripped my project file to two problematic layers (1 and 2).

Here's the file: Dropbox - test.fla - Simplify your life

When I export to SVG (with Optimize for Character Animator option to keep my layer names) something goes wrong,

and the layers are broken. But if I hide one of those layers (or delete) the problem magically dissapears.

It looks like those layers have some strange impact on each other but I can't figure it out... anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also made another project where every layer is a separate path, to see if it fix anything.

Here's the project: Dropbox - test (separate).fla - Simplify your life

And now I see that it is definately the "Optime for Character Animator" option that is super buggy.

It just saves the SVG with many mistakes, altough the layers are absolutely clear: one path = one layer.

Not cool Adobe...

Now the only way I can manage to take my layers (with names) to Illustrator without any failures, is to export

my timeline as Archive SWF so I have separate SWF files with proper names, and then convert those SWF's

to SVG and use a merge plugin in Illustrator to quickly spread those SVG's in layers.

I have the script to merge SVG's.

Unfortunately it is not simple to convert SVG to SWF. The only software I came across is ReaConverter but the conversion

also have some problems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines