Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting ActionScript Interactive files after flash player death

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

I am currently about to finish my associates in graphic design and we have been using actionscript to design our interactive video games with buttons and whatnot. However, because the removal of flash, i cannot even export my files as a .exe or something that i can use to play the file while keeping the buttons functional. I am asking this question for a bunch of other students as well.

Thank you,
SG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

I Appreciate the swift reply, however, i still not have found a way to export my document with interactive buttons, .swf files are no longer supported/working, and i have no clue how im supposed to export a document for offline use with active/functional buttons.

Thanks,
SG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Appreciate the swift reply, however, i still not have found a way to export my document with interactive buttons, .swf files are no longer supported/working, and i have no clue how im supposed to export a document for offline use with active/functional buttons.

Thanks,
SG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can still run SWF files offline by downloading the Standalone Flash Player and telling your OS to open .swf files with it.

You can also point your .swf files to the Flash Player that lives in the Adobe Animation installation folder. The path on Windows is: <YOUR_DRIVE>:\Program Files\Adobe\<ADOBE_ANIMATION_VERSION>\Players\FlashPlayer.exe.

For example: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate 2021\Players\FlashPlayer.exe.

You can also create an AIR for desktop app instead:

- Download the AIR SDK from Harman;

- Go to Help > Manage Adobe AIR SDK...;

- Click the plus button (+) and navigate to the folder containing the AIR SDK and click OK;

image.png

- Then go to File > Publish Settings (Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + F12) and set the Target dropdown to the AIR SDK you downloaded;

image.png

- Hit OK.

You should be able to test and publish AIR apps without modifying your existing code. The advantage of using AIR is that it can create native applications for Windows, Android, and iOS and you can access some devices native features like reading from and writing files to the file system. If the native feature is not supported by AIR, you can use Adobe Native Extensions (ANEs) from sites like Distriqt and MyFlashLabs to extend AIR capabilities.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines