Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting from Animate Won't play

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Animate but I can't seem to export any of my animations as videos. I try to export them but Quicktime won't open them, it doesn't seem to recognise an MP4 of MPEG or whatever I save it as.

I've tried using the Media Encoder but the Media Encoder won't import the saved video as it says it 'has no importable streams'.

All I want to do is export the animation as a video. It should be simple? Any help would be appreciated!?

Using the newest Adobe Animate & Quicktime but not Quicktime Pro.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

That one worked for me too. I'm right up to date with Animate though.

Looking at what you're doing suggests something you might like to try. For several versions now it's been possible to import a H.264 video into the timeline. That can be MP4, MOV, doesn't matter, so long as the codec is H.264.

Once that's in the timeline you could lock the layer it's in and do rotoscoping in another layer. When you export to video the H.264 is ignored, just your animation would be in the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using File/Export/Export Video, it makes an MOV. If you're getting MP4 or MPEG you're using a different exporter.

How are you doing the export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Yep thats exactly what I'm doing, it does initially export it as .mov. I've just tried changing the format once its exported, but doesn't seem to work either.

So the .mov isn't working either? Any ideas?

Must be something in Animate as .mov files work with my quicktime and I can import different .mov videos into media encoder, just not ones exported from Animate.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see what your sound settings are. If you have 24 or 32 bit sound it could well lead to a failure to export. Animate wants sounds to be 16 bit, 44.1 kHz.

Also, does a Test Movie work? If the MOV export fails I would expect the SWF to fail too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried changing the Audio to 44khz on a couple of different options but still no joy.

An export on an SWF file does work. That plays fine.

Just a strange thing with Quicktime and Media Encoder?

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post an example FLA somewhere for me to try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an email and I can attach it and email it to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the file. It does export fine, but if you checked the box "Ignore stage color generate alpha", which you might well want to do, the end result would be a black figure walking on a black background. Which would look like nothing was going on.

Can you post one of your MOVs, that failed to play?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So weirdly. I just tried exporting the flash again and it worked. For the first time on this computer. I didn't change anything that I was doing. Strange.

SO I tried another and it didn't work again.

https://we.tl/KwfKNTvNes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notice how the MOV is 132 bytes, which means the export failed. If you export from the same FLA repeatedly, does it always fail?

Is there anything special about the folder you're exporting into?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep it always fails. I remember that Animate usually comes up with a little 'recording' dialog box when you click OK on the export. But on here it doesn't seem to do that?

Just exporting to the desktop? Just tried exporting into a different folder and still no joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I try the FLA that always fails?

I can't remember the old record button, but that could have been a while ago, before they fixed export to video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it may well be the version of Animate that I was using on a course, these flash files were from that.

I've just made a really quick animation on my laptop/version of animate and it exported through Quicktime absolutely fine.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That one worked for me too. I'm right up to date with Animate though.

Looking at what you're doing suggests something you might like to try. For several versions now it's been possible to import a H.264 video into the timeline. That can be MP4, MOV, doesn't matter, so long as the codec is H.264.

Once that's in the timeline you could lock the layer it's in and do rotoscoping in another layer. When you export to video the H.264 is ignored, just your animation would be in the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi. Sorry to hear that you are having issues....

You should just need the Quicktime Player......  when you export video it exports as a .mov which should open Fine in Quicktime.

Or if you select the "convert video in Adobe Media Encoder" checkbox then it will export the video to an H.264 MP4 or in the Media Encoder you can click the little arrow under FORMAT, and you can change the file type to export.

try UN-CLICKING ""convert video in Adobe Media Encoder" checkbox and see if you can open the .mov that gets exported in QuickTime.

hope that helps!

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doesn't seem to work for some reason. Quicktime just won't open it.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try reopening Flash and Quicktime, or rebooting your system.... sometimes it just gets buggy. Are you getting any error messages?

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines