Highlighted

Exporting GIF - Matte option is disabled. How to enable it?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export a gif in Animate CC. GIF only has one color in it and that is black. I still get white lines around the gif when I export it because it has a transparent background. Matte option is grayed out and can't be changed.

How to fix?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Colin Holgate | Adobe Community Professional

A possible workaround for your case is to set the stage color to almost black. Like, #010101. If you do that then the transparent option will give you a GIF that is almost exactly like a matte would be.

If you set the stage to #000000 it fails, because the black shape and black stage make it seem like nothing is there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exporting GIF - Matte option is disabled. How to enable it?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export a gif in Animate CC. GIF only has one color in it and that is black. I still get white lines around the gif when I export it because it has a transparent background. Matte option is grayed out and can't be changed.

How to fix?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Colin Holgate | Adobe Community Professional

A possible workaround for your case is to set the stage color to almost black. Like, #010101. If you do that then the transparent option will give you a GIF that is almost exactly like a matte would be.

If you set the stage to #000000 it fails, because the black shape and black stage make it seem like nothing is there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 28, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am checking with the team. I have to admit I haven't heard of anything similar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, though my co workers matte is enabled and thus far I`ve had to have her export the gifs for me. I cant find a way to enable the matte option?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team informs me that this is a Flash Player limitation - it is not possible to blend/matte with a non-white color.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, mine is greyed out also. I am exporting a PNG sequence and setting the matte in PS. Annoying though, hopefully they will fix it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 01, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have the same problem, mine is grayed out. Attached is the photo. 

How can I enable the matte option?

107117676_1188856644830438_1525067901937568182_n.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 1