• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Issues on Animate CC

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm quite new to animate trying to create a file to navigate around (kind of website-like), like a slideshow that moves the user around in the maze-like order. I've created my pages on different frames and then I have made my buttons that take the user to the appropriate frame following a tutorial online. I'm working on a HTML5 Canvas document and using Timeline Navigation actions. The only actions I've used are Stop At This Frame and Click To Go To And Play. When I go to Control > Test it all works fine, but when I try to publish it, it just comes up with the first frame and nothing happens. No buttons work or anything. It's very basic actions, I'll put here what my script looks like and my publish settings and maybe someone can help.

this.stop();

this.Button02.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_2.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_2()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(16);

}

this.Button03.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_3.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_3()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(31);

}

this.Button04.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_4.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_4()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(61);

}

this.ButtonDesign.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_40.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_40()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(61);

}

this.ButtonPhotography.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_42.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_42()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(31);

}

this.ButtonPoster.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_44.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_44()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(61);

}

this.ButtonPhoto.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_46.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_46()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(31);

}

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 11.30.56.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 11.31.10.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Hi Ben

"When I go to Control > Test it all works fine, but when I try to publish it, it just comes up with the first frame and nothing happens. No buttons work or anything."

it sounds like you are double-clicking the published PORTFOLIO.html file in your folder one level above your work-folder. Sometimes the things don't work properly when you access them under the file:/// protocol. When you test from Animate Control -> Test, Animate sets up a Webserver http://127.0.0.1:8090/ (don't click it) for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ben

"When I go to Control > Test it all works fine, but when I try to publish it, it just comes up with the first frame and nothing happens. No buttons work or anything."

it sounds like you are double-clicking the published PORTFOLIO.html file in your folder one level above your work-folder. Sometimes the things don't work properly when you access them under the file:/// protocol. When you test from Animate Control -> Test, Animate sets up a Webserver http://127.0.0.1:8090/ (don't click it) for you which enables you to test it under http:// protocol conditions.

So the best would be if you transfer your folder with PORTFOLIO.html (plus *.js file and sub folders, but not your PORTFOLIO.fla) to a web server and test it from there. You can also set up a locale server on your computer. Depends what OS you are using, there is MAMP which is available for MacOS or Windows.

PS: it is not so good practice to use UPPERCASE so much on the web.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines