Highlighted

exporting sprite sheets that contain bitmaps leads to low quality sprites??

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captureee.PNG

Hello,

I have recently created a graphic that contains a 2 bitmap images (a bow and an arrow). The problem is that when I go and export this graphic as a sprite sheet, there is a very ugly grey edge that appears on each sprite which is seen in the attached image. Removing the bitmap objects from the graphic makes the ugly edges go away but that defeats the purpose of the animation if I get rid of them.

I have tried tracing the bitmap images, the bow turns out fine but the arrow looks weird so I was wondering what else I could try to fix this

What seems to be the only solution at this point is to create a seperate graphic for each layer and then overlay them.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kglad | Adobe Community Professional

you need to convert from bitmap to vector which you're doing when you trace the bitmap. if your arrow looks weird, it's because your trace settings; experiment.  you can create a pixel perfect vector, if needed.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

exporting sprite sheets that contain bitmaps leads to low quality sprites??

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captureee.PNG

Hello,

I have recently created a graphic that contains a 2 bitmap images (a bow and an arrow). The problem is that when I go and export this graphic as a sprite sheet, there is a very ugly grey edge that appears on each sprite which is seen in the attached image. Removing the bitmap objects from the graphic makes the ugly edges go away but that defeats the purpose of the animation if I get rid of them.

I have tried tracing the bitmap images, the bow turns out fine but the arrow looks weird so I was wondering what else I could try to fix this

What seems to be the only solution at this point is to create a seperate graphic for each layer and then overlay them.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kglad | Adobe Community Professional

you need to convert from bitmap to vector which you're doing when you trace the bitmap. if your arrow looks weird, it's because your trace settings; experiment.  you can create a pixel perfect vector, if needed.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2019 0